Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Wednesday Heart - The Eye

Occasionally you come across a photographer who imbues everything they do with such style and panache that even their photos of the most mundane items make you go Wow! The Eye is one such photographer.

This photo for example has such a simple object, and yet manages to convey an almost film-noir sense of style, beauty and depth.



As I think I've mentioned before, I love photographers who can so easily straddle multiple styles. The Eye is another one of those people who make it look like it's easy. The creativity and technical skill that went into this are great, and I love how it's just sitting there amidst the butterflies and flowers like it was cleverly camouflaged and just waiting for lunchtime :-)



I've always had a penchant for pictures that tell a story. It's something I've been playing with a bit in my own work. This one, A Valentine Story, I love for the concept:



I'm not sure I'm so keen on the technical execution. The third image with the flames seems to be a little muted for what it is symbolising (love being devoured by flames) and I think the image would be stronger with simply the first and the last picture. But I absolutely love the concept and I think the multi-panel layout is a great idea. There should be more of this kind of experimental print making in the photographic community, not just landscapes and kittens.

Honestly, I could go on about this girl's work all day. I'll just simply say you should go here: The Eye! to check out the rest of the images. I <3 you The Eye!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Nice find! The Eye certainly has some great photographs. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Allie said...

Great feature on an incredibly talented photographer!

Leslie said...

This is so awesome! I*m checking these out!

elsie said...

The match heart lighting on fire - GENIUS!!! just discovered your blog on an etsy forum thread - love it and will follow you!

come on over and visit me sometime:

http://thecraftbegins.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Very cool - heading to check it out right now. Thanks so much for sharing!